Happy new year! Was your 2017 as crazy as mine? Last year I...
Stopped being a full-time stay-at-home mom and started working again
Sent my first kid off to kindergarten
Celebrated our 10-year anniversary
Burned out on work-life balance and had to relearn how to fun
Took a break from fish keeping and then came back again
Despite all the trials and changes, it's seriously been the best spiritual season of growth and transformation I've had in a while, and my relationship with God has been so sweet. I've become more confident in who I am, more chill with my expectations and workload, and just... more able to relax and do nothing again. God let me dig myself into a low, low place of my own making – a slave to my to-do list – and then began "Operation R&R" to heal my soul. I'll talk about it sometime later, but as a result, it's shaped (and shortened) my new year's resolutions for 2018:
For Christmas, Mr. Gamer got me Wondershare Filmora video editing software, and I'm excited to tinker around and make some YouTube videos. I haven't yet determined what my niche will be, but as part of Operation R&R, I'm just having some low-key fun, not shooting for perfection, and slowly learning by doing. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this little 1-minute background story on how I got interested in keeping fish. I also plan on talking about my other hobbies like gaming and photography, so please subscribe!
I've always been a collector of new hobbies. I think it's because my parents were immigrants and they were fascinated by this American idea of "extracurricular activities." In their country, getting good grades was everything, so their days consisted of going to school, attending after-school classes for more tutoring, and then returning home to eat dinner and do homework. They never got to do anything! So once I was born in the United States, they signed me up for every type of class imaginable. One year of ballet and tap dancing, one year of gymnastics, summer camps for art and science, team sports like soccer, music lessons like piano, public speaking and second language classes on weekends, etc. Because of my parents' enthusiasm for making sure I was well-rounded, I developed a lifelong love for trying new things. As a child, I collected stamps, did cross stitching, and owned a parakeet. In high school, I listened to musicals, competed in science fair, and j...
Apparently your cory catfish have been, ahem, gettin’ busy, and there are white little eggs all over your glass. Babies! So what in the world do you do now? Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about raising corydoras fry. How to Breed Cory Catfish Okay, for most of you, breeding corydoras was probably an accident, but here’s what you can do to encourage it. For me, I had a 20 gallon tank with 6 adult-sized albino cory catfish (to increase my chances of having enough males and females). To get them in the mood, condition them by feeding lots of good food, and then do some water changes with fresh water a few degrees cooler than normal. Next thing you know, everyone’s gettin’ frisky, the males are chasing the females and doing the T-shaped mating position, and then the female lays sticky eggs on any ol’ flat surface around. Female albino cory catfish carrying newly fertilized eggs in her pelvic fins How to Collect Corydoras Eggs If you leave the eggs alone, ...
Okay, you just got your first sponge filter, and even though it’s supposed to be stupid easy, you have no idea how to put this thing together. No worries – here are easy, step-by-step instructions for installing a sponge filter, plus 3 bonus tips that’ll make it run as smoothly and quietly as possible. I’ve been prepping for my next breeding project (shhh) and needed a new sponge filter for the fry tank, so I decided to put together a quick tutorial for you. Sponge filters are a great low flow option for baby fish, bettas, and axolotls. Plus, they’re one of the easiest and cheapest filters to set up and maintain. 👍 Materials Before you start, you're going to need: Sponge filter 3/16” aquarium airline tubing Air pump rated for the size of your aquarium Check valve Air stone Instructions Step #1: First you’re going to take apart the sponge filter. You should have a lift tube, the foam sponge, and a weighted base at the bottom. Inside the sponge is a strainer a...
Komentar
Posting Komentar